Friday, April 15, 2011

33 weeks & 5 days

Babies are supposed to bake for 40 weeks, but our little one decided he didn't really want to bake that long. Perhaps it's because his mother was getting a wee bit nervous by the widespread prediction that he would weigh 10 lbs by 40 weeks. So maybe he thought he was doing me a favor when I started having contractions 6 1/2 weeks early as I drove to work. And they weren't just those nice little early labor contractions - these suckers took my breath away. While driving. On the highway. At 60 mph. Long story short, mom was admitted to the hospital on April 11th with early labor and a touch o' the preeclampsia. And here I remain. Labor was successfully stopped, baby continues to do well, but there are enough odd things going on (elevated liver numbers in particular) that I get to make OHSU my home for a couple of weeks. I will remain here for close monitoring until either a) labor starts up again, which now we wouldn't try to stop, or b) May 4th, when he will technically be full term. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. Please know that both mom & baby are doing well. And I get so many ultrasounds etc now that we've learned fun new facts about him, like that he's got lots of hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment